Why is the "Dear Aunt Arctica" single the only Radish that's on Spotify? Who owns the rights to Restraining Bolt? Any chance of getting Hello and Dizzy on Spotify?

When I was going to double-check that "Dear Aunt Arctica" was put out by Mercury, I noticed that one of my copies still had shrinkwrap on it. On the shrinkwrap someone wrote the band member first names under their pictures. Any recollection of doing this to some copies, Ben, or did someone else write this?

MVIMG_20180211_004215.jpg

good questions... and awesome to see you rawking the same @jfra username from years past!!!!!

im actually in the process of getting all the Mercury masters back. once i do, Restraining Bolt will be available again!!! As for the early Radish stuff, it will be available in the near future. definitely on the list of priorities, just not as close to the top of the list as you might hope. ha! stay tuned for sure.... as for the weird name labeling on the shrinkwrap... never saw this before. seems like either a fan did that or a Mercury employee or radio DJ? who knows... BUT there was never a targeted plan to label the backs of the singles. we wouldve printed our names on the artwork if we wanted ppl to know our names! hahaha . i love Brain's BABOON shirt!!!!! #deepellumforever

@Ben It's still weird that Universal would even bother to have DAA on Spotify but not Restraining Bolt.

Side note...what's up with the different mix of "Bedtime" on the DAA single?

Here are the differences I hear: The intro is quieter on the single, the single has an extra slide guitar solo between the first and second verse whereas the album version just has the music behind the solo go thru once instead of twice, and the single cuts off abruptly at the end while the album version has a nice long 30 second fadeout like a good closing-album song should! :)

Was this just an early mix of the song, and it was changed later for the album or was it a conscious decision to make a "single version" of the song to be included with DAA? "Adding" guitar solos is not usually what you do to make single versions though. ;)

@Ben Along those lines, any plans to ever do a proper release, even in the digital realm of "Discount Fireworks?" It'd be cool to hear some of those classics in better quality than the mp3s that have been floating around for 15 or so years. 

yes!!!! hoping to release Discount Fireworx this year.  20 years after its originally scheduled date. hahaha

• Like 3

@Ben  I have heard many happy things this year.  But that might be the happiest.

Edited by philip
  • Like 1

@Ben Killer news! We're not by chance talking vinyl releases are we? That being said, it'd be cool to have On My Way on vinyl. 

On 2/11/2018 at 3:38 PM, Ben said:

good questions... and awesome to see you rawking the same @jfra username from years past!!!!!

im actually in the process of getting all the Mercury masters back. once i do, Restraining Bolt will be available again!!! As for the early Radish stuff, it will be available in the near future. definitely on the list of priorities, just not as close to the top of the list as you might hope. ha! stay tuned for sure.... as for the weird name labeling on the shrinkwrap... never saw this before. seems like either a fan did that or a Mercury employee or radio DJ? who knows... BUT there was never a targeted plan to label the backs of the singles. we wouldve printed our names on the artwork if we wanted ppl to know our names! hahaha . i love Brain's BABOON shirt!!!!! #deepellumforever

Hi @Ben

Any news on how it's going getting the back catalogue into spotify?

Cheers

Chris