@Ben  I am in Dallas.  I have seen you at Granada Theater twice.  I thought that worked well.  I could bring 3 people to a show/meetup.  But you have a metric ton of fans in Dallas.  So you don't need my help filling a venue.

• Like 1

@Ben i am in Indy. You have a big following here unsurprisingly. At my high school alone there is probably 30 students that would enjoy to come. I know my family and others would come as well. Probably a 300 seater.

Yo BK!  In the Baltimore area, in addition to the usual venues I'd suggest checking out WTMD's Live Lunch.  https://wtmd.org/radio/live-lunch/

Every couple weeks at noon on Friday they have an hour-long in-studio concert/interview live on the air...maybe 150-200 people or so fit in the studio...plus another couple thousand listening on the radio.  I've been to a few including Nada Surf, J Roddy Walston, and Sondre Lerche over the years and they're always great.

It's my favorite station, plus I think I mentioned to you that WTMD still plays your tunes pretty frequently -- Sundress, Run, and Penny all in the last couple weeks. 

Rochester, NY. It's been a while (2010!), but you still have a large and devoted fan base here thanks to all the support you've received from WBER through the years.

• The Bug Jar is a smaller venue that you would certainly sell out. Tiny, dirty, and loud, if that's what you're looking for.
  • Flour City Station is larger and you could easily fill it up. Medium-size, clean, and good sound.
  • Photo City Improv is also a medium-sized place that's newer and nice.

The nice thing about stopping in Rochester is it's smack-dab between Buffalo/Syracuse/Ithaca, so it's a good central spot to draw fans from all of western NY.

I moved to San Francisco a few months ago, so I could promise you no one but a totally thrilled me. 

If you were doing a midwest tour I promise ya I could wrangle at least 50 people personally for a Columbus, OH meet up. (Cbus loves themselves some Kweller)

Columbus Venues 
Ace of Cups (200ish capacity--cool and dark and a little grimy)
Wexner Center (technically an art museum but also hosts shows-- I've seen wilco, tuneyards, and the mountain goats there)

SF Venues

The Chapel
Swedish American Music Hall

@BenI second the Denver vote!

I'm pretty partial to The Gothic Theater. It's a great old theater that has a pretty killer balcony. Kind of reminds me of a more intimate Avalon (L.A.) - it's a little more rundown though haha. 

Seriously, it would be so rad if you came to Denver. 

• Like 1

@Ben I live in Maryland, Close to D.C and Baltimore, I know a show at the Ottobar in Baltimore would be awesome, or
The Black Cat in D.C. BTW great fishing here. just sayin.

@@Ben Canada needs some BK! Calgary is a decent sized city so you won't be short of BK fans here.

Favourite venues are Broken City (220) or Broken City patio (133), Hifi Club (220). I could muster 30-40 people that would jump at the chance.

Norfolk, VA! Favorite venue in the area is the Norva, but I'm always willing to travel to my real fave venues, the Haw River Ballroom in Saxapahaw, NC or the Jefferson in Charlottesville, VA.

I was thinking about this over the weekend and if you came through Denver it would be cool to see you play in a more intimate venue like the Walnut Room. You gotta keep Denver on the list Ben!

Hey Ben-

Baltimore would be great! The 8 X 10 is a really cool venue in the lively Federal Hill neighborhood downtown. The capacity is 350, mostly standing. Great sound and sightlines and the management is very friendly. I could definitely do some recruiting for you.

Would you be amenable to having a local cover band (but a cool one!!) open for you? My band has played there several times as an opening act. We could draw maybe 50 or so, and probably much more if you are the headliner! 

Let me know!! 

Rich

MEMPHIS!!!

Hi-tone would be the best venue. Come hang with fellow Texan-turned-Memphian Dale Watson!

(Memphis is the cooler Austin ;))

Seconding Dallas.. heck I'll go as far as Abilene, OKC, Shreveport and Austin for a show!

Yess Nashville please!! I went to your secret show here a few years ago, and was going through old footage of it the other day. I deeply miss it and need another show! I have pretty much made all of my friends and family fall in love with your music as I have; therefore, I could guarantee a good crowd! The Blue Room at Third Man Records is sick to perform at, as I have had the privilege to do once. Hope to hear more about a lil tour :) IMG_6761.m4v

Posted (edited)

We need  you to come play a show in KY. Iroquois amphitheater in Louisville is a really neat outdoor venue that is intimate and really cool. Another place is the Lexington Opera House in Lexington, Ky. Oh and if you want something even more intimate, come to Winchester, Ky. That is my hometown and if you play at Leeds theater, I guarantee it would be sold out!!  Either way, just please come to Kentucky. We need you to come play a show here!!

Edited by flakleigh
Added more info.

I'll come see BK anywhere between Boston and NYC, though I'm based in CT. It's been so long, I'd love to see BK again! :D