jfra

Special Occasions

Got this off eBay a few days ago since I didn't see that it was on YouTube. It's pretty rad. What's the story behind it, @Ben?

I'm gonna a guess it was a promo either sent to radio stations or more likely to indie record stores. 

MVIMG_20180220_220531.jpg

15191863777107311135796674031841.jpg

• Like 1

Ah.... Special Occasions.... this was an EPK before EPK's were a thing. for those of you that aren't entertainment biz nerds, EPK stands for Electronic Press Kit. If i remember correctly, there is some really cool footage in there. it's actually on my list of things to post to my youtube channel. thanks for reminding me!!!!

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Ah.... Special Occasions.... this was an EPK before EPK's were a thing. for those of you that aren't entertainment biz nerds, EPK stands for Electronic Press Kit. If i remember correctly, there is some really cool footage in there. it's actually on my list of things to post to my youtube channel. thanks for reminding me!!!!

Please dude! That would be so good!!!!

9 hours ago, Ben said:

Weeeelll, EPKs were a thing before DVDs were a thing. We definitely got some EPKs on VHS at the radio station back in the day. I've got a Bad 4 Good one for sure. I think the closest thing we got for a Radish EPK from Mercury was an official-looking VHS of "My Guitar" from Letterman. Damn, that's not on YouTube either! Is that something you can legally put up or nah? I'm guessing nah.

• Like 1