Christopher

Sha Sha Record Store Day vinyl release

I was just on the Record Store Day site and couldn't help but notice that 1200 copies of Sha Sha are going to be released on white vinyl. This is great news seeing that an original is sooo hard to come by and if you do happen to find one on Ebay, the price is ridiculously high. Awesome!!!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Oh great!  I can stand in line for a couple hours to be told they didn’t get any copies or they sold the 2 they received. 

Then the people who actually did get copies can sell them online for $200.  

Edited by OldHat

I was a little negative above.  I’ve been to RSD a few times and never walked away with what I wanted.  I think RSD is great for record stores so I don’t want to seem like a jerk.  I just hope a wider, online release happens so all of us can get it without having to go online and buy from the goons who go to RSD for the purpose of marking up and selling online.

You do have a point, but with 1200 copies, I think they'll be priced pretty good even if you have to buy online from one of the above mentioned goons :). I'd gladly pay around $60 for a copy. But yeah, a larger release would be ideal. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Christopher said:

You do have a point, but with 1200 copies, I think they'll be priced pretty good even if you have to buy online from one of the above mentioned goons :). I'd gladly pay around $60 for a copy. But yeah, a larger release would be ideal. 

I’m just a grumpy old 30-something who is over the RSD stuff.  I support it but have been burned by it too much.  I’ll wait and see what happens.  I’m hoping Ben is waiting until the RSD versions are purchased to announce a standard release.

Edited by OldHat

Im on the Record Store Day Site but I cant find any mention of this...  can you provide a link...  I want to buy at least 3 copies.  One for me... One for my bro... and one for my old Mang...

it's TRUE! ATO is releasing a special Record Store Day Sha Sha!  :-) @OldHat you can totally call your local shop and tell them to order one for you. then you don't have to wait in line or miss out!!!  haha!  

Yeah Ben... but how can I get you to personally "Jazz Up" my copy if I get one (or 3) from my local record store (The Exclusive Company, Appleton, WI)???  I know you were just being cautious by only running 1200... But I really feel like you could possibly need to add a 0 to the end of that 1200... 

Thanks...

13 hours ago, Ben said:

it's TRUE! ATO is releasing a special Record Store Day Sha Sha!  :-) @OldHat you can totally call your local shop and tell them to order one for you. then you don't have to wait in line or miss out!!!  haha!  

I called and they said they have no way of knowing if they’ll get it AND it’s first come, first served.  He said they will try to order it but they still get shipped what they get shipped.  Booooooo.  I will get my hands on it one way or another.

Was honestly planning on skipping out on RSD festivities this year, but it looks like I'll be up way too early, standing in front of Ameoba. Thanks, Ben! ;)