bigbagofnothing

BK RSD 2018 Release

Isn't this nice to have an open forum to a rock star? You can ask him anything, even if it seems way over the top and/or impossible! Here goes:

Hey Ben. My request is simple. There's maybe 30 of us here? Half that are kind of active, the other half are dormant. So, what I'm asking isn't too out there. What I would like is a copy of the Sha Sha RSD release on white vinyl. NOT FOR FREE obv. I'm sure the group would agree: We are hard working people who pay bills and are willing to shell out a few shekels for, what amounts to, the BK Holy Grail. I mean, I sometimes see this album on Discogs for 300,000 yen! (hey, siri, what's 300,000 yen in US dollars? $2,844!) 

There are 1200 copies of this album that will most assuredly fall into the hands of the greedy Discogs/Ebay seller who won't buy it for the love of music. Not to mention RSD has become kind of a cluster. I visit two local record stores that do things completely different and it's tough to get out there with 50 other people, 75% of whom are these resellers. They aren't buying it because it makes them feel feelings that they felt when they were 23 and taking road trips and partying with friends. They are buying it so they can have more money for their next sale.

I understand if the answer is no. Some of these things are out of your control, and I get that. But mull it over, my friend. You are a special type of rock star. The type that personalizes orders from your website. I bought Go Fly A Kite in your store and you sent old backstage passes and stickers and a note with it! WHO DOES THAT?

Thanks for hearing me out. You don't know I'm here me ouuuuut. 

Signed,

Matt

• Like 4

Agreed. I have asked about 4 people in multiple states to keep an eye out for this for me. Such a low print run for such a seminal album. I really want to score a copy to replace my long ago pawned Australian promo (regrets) but I don't have much hope left.

• Like 1

Had 3 people look at their stores. No dice. Ended up buying for $60 from a scalper. :( not cool ATO

1 hour ago, guitwiz said:

Had 3 people look at their stores. No dice. Ended up buying for $60 from a scalper. :( not cool ATO

Why I stayed home.  Sucks man.  ATO needs to come to Jesus and release more.  I don’t need clear vinyl or splatter or anything fancy...just a plain old record.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, OldHat said:

ATO needs to come to Jesus and release more.  I don’t need clear vinyl or splatter or anything fancy...just a plain old record.

Yes! This! I went to multiple stores yesterday with no luck. :( All I want is to own one of the key albums to my life's soundtrack. Is that too much to ask? 

Edited by Dyl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dyl said:

@Christopher I'm so glad someone on here got one! 

Thanks man! Weird RSD story though. I was 13th in line and they were letting six people in at a time , waiting one minute, and letting another group of six in. The first two groups get in and myself being thirteenth was on deck. When I thought they were about to let me in, one of the guys who works there runs out the door in a panic. A woman had passed out and taken a bad spill so they had to call an ambulance. We were freaked out because she wasn't getting up. She did eventually though and the medics came and helped her out (low blood sugar, I think). Their one copy was still sitting there when I finally got in. Strange, strange day...

A friend of mine in Dayton, Ohio was told by his local record store guy today that "he might be getting a few more copies in" -- so my hope is renewed that I won't have to turn to scalpers. Maybe a bkmiracle will occur.

On 4/22/2018 at 12:06 PM, Christopher said:

Thanks man! Weird RSD story though. I was 13th in line and they were letting six people in at a time , waiting one minute, and letting another group of six in. The first two groups get in and myself being thirteenth was on deck. When I thought they were about to let me in, one of the guys who works there runs out the door in a panic. A woman had passed out and taken a bad spill so they had to call an ambulance. We were freaked out because she wasn't getting up. She did eventually though and the medics came and helped her out (low blood sugar, I think). Their one copy was still sitting there when I finally got in. Strange, strange day...

@Christopherthat's wild! The things people do for records, I guess. I'm glad she was alright (and that the Sha Sha copy was still there).

Saw a sealed copy on the shelf at a small town record store today... too bad I already bought one on Ebay. Just thought it was funny that there are still copies on the shelf from 2 months ago when I couldn't find one anywhere in Seattle on release day.

• Like 1

I was in the San Francisco Amoeba yesterday and they had 2 sealed copies, despite there being none Record Store Day week. Go check your local record stores again!