Sign in to follow this  
Dyl

Your Kweller Journey

Posted (edited)

Hey wonderful, weird forum folk--

I am constantly curious about how people stumble across people/places/things that end up becoming deeply impactful in their lives.

So, tell me your story. Where were ya the first time you heard BK? What lead you down that musical path?

Edited by Dyl

The first time I heard Ben was when Radish played "Little Pink Stars" on the Weird Al Show. I was  about 14 and thought the song was really cool, but I didn't have money then so I couldn't buy the album. The only music I was exposed to was what came on the radio and since our local rock station sucks, I never heard any of Ben's solo stuff (I listened to a lot of music, but was kind of in a bubble). Flash forward to about a year ago I was like "Hey, whatever happened to that band Radish?" I Wikipedia searched, found out about Ben's solo albums, went on Spotify and listened to "Go Fly A Kite". What an awesome album! I bought all of his solo albums within the next couple of weeks and love them all. So really I'm a new fan. 

• Like 1

My dad said he found Ben on Austin City Limits. He showed me his song Lizzy a few years later. The rest is history.

my husband showed me shasha - the rest is history, sort of. now i am the leading journalist on all things kweller. ive followed the albums and variations. id love to have a one on one so ben could see how much of an adhesive impact he has made. that, and have him choose some buttons for me to sew on my up and coming bag. so it goes!! all the love is due ❤️