Sign in to follow this  
OldHat

Getting to know you

On 10/02/2018 at 1:30 AM, OldHat said:

ELO is probably the most underrated band of all time.  Jeff Lynne (ELO lead singer and songwriter) was the fifth member of the Travelling Wilburys (Supergroup with George Harrison, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, and Bob Dylan).  Such good rock!  Listen to these songs to get hooked:

Telephone Line

Mr Blue Sky

Sweet Talkin Woman

Can’t Get It Out Of My Head

Livin’ Thing

Then just listen to all of their albums...their catalogue is deep, and all the records are solid.

I followed your advice: few hours with ELO...

Telephone line is fine ! I knew Mr Blue sky... and "don't bring me down

Some good songs... and some others badly aged (my tastes are weird !  ;)   

Jeff Lynne seemed fascinated by the beatles and Beach Boys vocals harmonies !!!   some songs looks like Ringo Starr's ones....  I HE

Ok: I go out 

1) Favorite Ben Kweller song? Hospital Bed. Not sure why, but it gets "stuck" in my head ALL the time. Which I always welcome!

2) Favorite member of the Beatles? John. 

3) Favorite Electric Light Orchestra song?  Must admit, not SUPER familiar with ELO, but Livin' Thing.

4) Pinkerton or Blue Album? Pinkerton. Such a beautiful album.

5) West Coast or East Coast rap? Again, not SUPER familiar, but West Coast.

6) Favorite Ninja Turtle? Raphael. As a kid, loved his trident weapon thingie.

1) Favorite Ben Kweller song?  No ReasonI can't resist when Ben sings about himself in the third person as "BK"

2) Favorite member of the Beatles?  Paul.  Those bass lines

3) Favorite Electric Light Orchestra song?  Do Ya I'm a huge KISS fan, and Ace Frehley covered this song

4) Pinkerton or Blue Album? Blue Album. I would have no opinion on this till a few years ago when some friends of mine asked me to join a Weezer tribute band called Weezhur (I'm the drummer). We've learned almost all of the Blue Album, and I like all of the songs. As I was really studying and dissecting the songs to learn them, I had an epiphany...HOLY SHIT, Kweller was REALLY influenced by Weezer!! Some of the Discount Fireworks stuff especially. When I was struggling to find the motivation to learn some of the songs, I told myself I was learning unreleased Radish songs, and it was more fun! haha

5) West Coast or East Coast rap? I honestly don't have an opinion, but I'll go with West Coast because Tupac introduced KISS at the Grammys in 1996.

6) Favorite Ninja Turtle? Again, no opinion, but I'll go Michaelangelo because he was voiced by Robbie Rist in the movie, who was not only Cousin Oliver in The Brady Bunch but voiced Whiz in the mid-80s cartoon Kidd Video.

• Like 1

1) Favorite Ben Kweller song?  Falling Song, performance and production all perfect.

2) Favorite member of the Beatles?  Paul 55 years in, he still continues to create greatness.  The world just sounds better because of Paul.

3) Favorite Electric Light Orchestra song? Mr. Blue Sky If sugary pop-rock were an illegal drug, Jeff Lynne should be in jail.  I never get tired of what he does.

4) Pinkerton or Blue Album? Blue Album First road trip with my girlfriend, now wife, she introduced me to this album so it holds a special place for me.

5) West Coast or East Coast rap? East Coast Because Run-DMC

6) Favorite Ninja Turtle? Raphael for trash talking Jose Canseco.

On 2/8/2018 at 7:25 PM, OldHat said:

Forums are back!  These 8 questions are proven to define what kind of human you are.  Ben, you have to answer too.

1) Favorite Ben Kweller song?

2) Favorite member of the Beatles?

3) Favorite Electric Light Orchestra song?

4) Pinkerton or Blue Album?

5) West Coast or East Coast rap?

6) Favorite Ninja Turtle?

Nothing Happening

George

Nightrider

Blue

West Coast

Donatello

Different But The Same

I’d have to say John Lennon because (gasp!) I don’t really listen to the Beatles but Imagine is one of my all time favorite songs. 

Strange Magic

Blue Album

Don’t force me to choose!  But if you do, I’d say East Coast.

Donatello