lickthepuss

Discount Fireworks

1 hour ago, OldHat said:

He has to get the repress of Sha Sha Done first!  :D

We need this so badly

4 hours ago, OldHat said:

He has to get the repress of Sha Sha Done first!  :D

ALL I WANT IS SHA SHA ON VINYL

Man, I had an Australian radio promo copy of Sha Sha on vinyl 7 or so years ago. I sold it (and most of my other records) before I proposed to my now wife. Needed some extra money to make life work out. I regret not hanging on to that thing!!

Discount Fireworks is the bomb. That early Commerce TX, along with the Silent Night in Wasted and Ready are the stuff of dreams. I also love Here is Not Dissonant and Panamanian Girl a lot. I'll be thrilled if it sees a legit release some day.

Edited by guitwiz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is GREAT news to hear.  The second I find out that "Discount Fireworks" and "Sha Sha" are released on Vinyl I will be buying 3 copies of each.  One for me... One for my Old Mang... And one for my younger Bro.  And I will happily pay a little extra to have Ben personalize them like he did for my copies of "Go Fly a Kite".  

Since Im posting... 

Any rough estimates on when or if any of these will be released?  And would they just be re-pressings or are you gonna go back in and remix or remaster?  Or maybe do what David Bowie did for Space Oddity and actually sell the Multitracks...  I'd love to mix up some alternate versions of the Sha Sha Album...

Rawk on...Ben    

Edited by Super_Duper_77
bad spelingz

Was Discount Fireworks completely mixed, mastered, and in the can by the time its plug got pulled? It's been awhile since I've listened to my copy, but I seem to remember it being a little unpolished still. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be like that though.

I will be 100% honest.  The only reason I want Discount Fireworks is for Cally.  I LOVE that song and only have it on crappy mp3 that has shitty mp3 swirly sounds like a crappy phaser guitar pedal.

I will be 100% honest.  The only reason I want Discount Fireworks is for Cally.  I LOVE that song and only have it on crappy mp3 that has shitty mp3 swirly sounds like a crappy phaser guitar pedal.

Edit Cause Im an Idiot...  Im pretty sure Im thinking about the "Restraining Bolt" album that has Cally on it.  

Nah, it's definitely Discount Fireworks that has Cally on it and not Restraining Bolt. That's my favorite too. I thought that was going to be the hit on the album. But what do I know...I don't know why the general public didn't make Restraining Bolt a platinum album.